Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Nifty Little Tool

I am sure that this is true for most, if not all, iPhone users - that is that I'm always on the lookout for apps that I can get some good use out of. Early on, one of the things I found myself frustrated with was the inability to post to this blog from the Blogger website in mobile safari. To my amazement, even the iPhone app for Google only opened up Safari which wouldn't allow me to post a blog in blogger (unless I am just clueless as to how it works).

A few weeks ago I purchased iBlogger which would supposedly let me create posts for my Blogger account. Unfortunately, I just can't get it to work. I got it to work on a Wordpress blog, but every time I tried to get to this Blogger blog, iBlogger would just crash. I am confident that the developer can solve the problem, given some time. I only reported the issue last night.

I was going to just wait for a response, but I accidentally came across another app called SkyPetr Lite. I was searching to see what apps existed out there that provided access to Skype. While I found something earlier today that did just that, I was curious what else was out there.

Needless to say, I downloaded SkyPetr Lite (which is free). It's meant for use with MySpace, YouTube, and of course Blogger. I haven't checked out the first two yet, but this post has been successfully and entirely composed using SkyPetr Lite.

The only downside I have seen so far is that you are required to register an account with SkyPetr before you can sign in and access the other items. I am not sure I understand that logic other than a means of getting your email address.

Nonetheless, for now I am ok with it. At least I was able to compose this post on my phone!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cool! I'm jealous. I want an iphone!

Jen said...

Nice

Dustin said...

Nicole - I certainly don't want to rub it in...but it really is a very cool phone to have!

Jen - thanks for letting me know you stopped by!