Sunday, October 19, 2008

What The...

TRUCK!!!

Saturday started off semi-normally (except for the fact that I can't seem to sleep past 5:30 after getting up at 3:00 all week long.) I am overall pretty well exhausted and just trying to let myself relax after a very grueling work-week. I just played around on my laptop for most of the morning knowing that I should be doing something productive but just too tired to care.

Crystal's dad shows up to begin helping us work on getting the trim back in place (because we tore it all up when we put down the new laminate flooring). Pretty close to this juncture, Crystal reminds me that I need to take the dogs to the groomer. I don't particularly care to pay someone to groom my dogs, but neither of us is up to doing it, so the appointment was made. I'm gathering my wits and preparing to head out and Crystal is gathering the dogs to prepare them to go out, and Crystal's dad is hauling trim out the the back yard to begin cleaning it off and pulling the nails out. My friend calls me to let me know he's just about ready to come paint the nursery for us...

All seemed to be going ok...

I get in the truck. I turn it on...are you ready for this? Our new (used) Mazda Tribute decided it didn't want to leave the house yesterday. It started just fine, but when I put it in reverse, it would not move. One wheel...ONE WHEEL...would not turn. My first thought was "did I leave my laptop bag under the wheel?"

No wait...that's what I thought LAST time...

THIS time, my first thought was "Oh no...not again!"

And, just for the record...it's the SAME WHEEL.

I called the dealership and, long story short, they said they'd tow it in, give us a vehicle to drive until they figure out what's going on with what they already supposedly fixed.

So...right now we have a brand new 2008 Ford Explorer with Sirius Satellite Radio and Microsoft Sync sitting right in our driveway. It's temporary...and if it weren't for the fact that the only reason it's there is because our truck is in the emergency room, I might be happier about it.

But...it is what it is...

And I think we're going to get a new license plate...

I'll let y'all know all about that if/when we get the new plates in!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... I actually felt annoyed for you guys while reading this.I seriously cannot believe after everything that your guys' truck still isn't working. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dustin said...

It'd actually be more accurate to say it isn't working AGAIN...it worked great for almost two weeks. I don't know what happened tho! I promise I didn't drive it through salt water again.

Wish I knew...

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your truck, I know that must be very frustrating atleast they gave you something temporary to drive. Sounds like a busy weekend. The new plates for my state are nice but do not like they belong lol but awhile back they gave everyone an option when getting there plates to regular state plate OR the "In God We Trust" plate and so I have one of those :)

The Rock Chick said...

Again with the truck? OMG. Yell at that same manager., maybe he'll just let you keep the new Explorer :)

Dustin said...

@Jen - I would like to get plates that say "In God We Trust"...that would be WAYYYY better than what we have.

@Rock Chick - If only! The downside would be that the new truck gets (I think) worse fuel economy. Plus, it costs like...$20k more than what we bought!

Crystal said...

Oh but it's sweet.

Too big for me to drive though.

But it's sweet.

Those evil plates ARE GOING BACK. Call them now.

Amber said...

I know what my husband would say. "You should have bought a Dodge!" :-)