Tuesday, March 4, 2008

They haven't heard of WHAT?

Maybe it's a geographical thing...maybe it's just an insanity thing...I don't know what to attribute it to, but I find myself absolutely appalled at the fact that the people around me haven't heard (or have heard of but have not TRIED) things that were common to me as a child.

The first one is peanut butter and banana sandwiches. How is it even POSSIBLE that there are people out there who have not sampled this delicacy? How is it possible that some have not HEARD of this fine treat? HOLY COW! What kind of deprived childhood did these people suffer???

I don't remember how it came up, but I was talking about this at work and NO ONE in my office (those that were present at the time anyway) had ever tried this sandwich. At first it was a conversation with one person and I couldn't believe that she hadn't ever tried peanut butter and banana. So then I turned to someone else and said, "tell her how good peanut butter and banana sandwiches are!" and that person had not tried them either! So this continued on as I started moving from person to person trying to express how insane I thought they were for not having tried this sandwich only to find out that I WAS THE INSANE ONE in this situation! I WAS THE ODDBALL (not that it's unusual for me to be the oddball, but in this case, COME ON!)

So I moved on to something else...peanut butter and marshmallow...also commonly referred to as a "fluffernutter"

...

Ok...how is it possible that out 5 or 6 people that were in the office at the time, that I was the ONLY person who had not only had BOTH of these sandwiches, but even ONE of these sandwiches! Ok, granted I never was a huge fan of the fluffernutter, but it was VERY common where I spent the majority of my youth/teen years.

And the next one...this one had me ready to call the looney bin. ELEPHANT JOKES! The hilarious because it's not hilarious art form of the elephant joke!!! And what's worse still is trying to EXPLAIN an elephant joke to someone who has never heard one.

Me: "How do you get down off an elephant"
Them: "...?"
Me: "You don't! You get down off a goose!"

Why...oh WHY did I have to explain this??? Seriously...just do a Google search on elephant jokes and you'll know I'm not crazy. This one had me chuckling for a good bit:

What did the cat say to the elephant?
"Meow"

*Sigh* Am I the ONLY sane person in my world?

2 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

I have heard of both peanut butter and banana sandwiches (wasn't that Elvis' favorite snack?) and fluffernutter!

I've never tried either one. My reason is that I don't like peanut butter and since chocolate doesn't even help that, I doubt bananas would :) Marshmallows just don't appeal to me, either.

I can't believe people haven't heard of these things, though!

Crystal said...

Elephant jokes don't make sense.

Sorry, they just don't!

Peanut butter and marshmallow... THAT makes sense.